Léon et Lévy
Sorry, we have no result for this request

Biography

Moyse Léon and Isaac known as Georges Lévy started their career as assistant operators at the Ferrier-Soulier Parisian photographic studio under the Second Empire. They founded their own studio in 1864 and sold prints on albumin paper, mainly stereoscopic views, under the trade name Léon and Lévy "L.L." The Léon & Lévy company participated in the 1867 World Fair and won the Emperor's Gold Medal. In 1874, Léon & Lévy became J.Lévy & Co, whose sole manager was Isaac Georges Levy. In 1895, with the arrival of Georges Lévy's two sons, Ernest and Lucien, the company grew and became Lévy & sons, but the firm's signature remained "L.L.". The company published numberous individual photographic prints, as well as travel albums (Spain, Portugal, Morocco, America) and postcards between 1864 and 1917, the year they stopped their activity. The Léon and Lévy collection was bought by Roger-Viollet in 1970.

View all images
Close
Filter
Close
Orientation
Colors
Date
1839
2023